By Matt Wickstrom
LEXINGTON, Ky. — A collection of some of the top musical acts in the region will pair up with mouth-watering barbecue and thirst-quenching craft beer on June 7-8 for Smiley Pete’s Bluegrass BBQ Fest. The event will feature acts such as Joslyn & The Sweet Compression, Magnolia Boulevard and Buffalo Wabs & The Price Hill Hustle, among others that will be performing in Courthouse Plaza in downtown Lexington.
The aforementioned Joslyn & The Sweet Compression, Lexington’s cosmic soul pop collaborative will headline the event at 9 p.m. on Friday, June 7, and will be preceded by Tall Boys (5 p.m.), Debraun Thomas Trio (6:30 p.m.) and Short & Company (7:30 p.m.).
Festivities get off to an early start on Saturday, June 8, with Phoebe White and Dave McLean taking the stage at 11 a.m. followed by Maggie Lander (11:30 a.m.), Grits & Soul (12:30 p.m.), Lauren Mink (1:45 p.m.), Danny Dean & The Homewreckers (3 p.m.), Buffalo Wabs & The Price Hill Hustle (4:15 p.m.), Restless Leg String Band (5:30 p.m.), Magnolia Boulevard (7:15 p.m.) and Tee Dee Young (9 p.m.).
To satisfy not only your ears but your taste buds as well several food vendors will be on site including City Barbecue, Bear & The Butcher, Edley’s Bar-B-Que, Fida’s Caribbean Cafe, Hogfather’s BBQ, J. Render’s Southern Table & Bar, Brasabana Cuban Cuisine, Red State BBQ, Staxx BBQ, Kentucky Strong Barbecue and Lockbox.
For more information on Bluegrass BBQ Fest visit BluegrassBBQFest.com.
- Magnolia Boulevard reach terms on management deal
- Joslyn & The Sweet Compression celebrate debut release in style with Magnolia Boulevard
- Wick’s Picks: Ep. 44 – 11/19/18 (w/ Maggie Lander and J. Tom Hnatow)
- From practice venue to concert stage, Tee Dee Young’s club is home to the blues
- Wick’s Picks: Ep. 34 – 8/27/18 (w/ DeBraun Thomas, Joslyn & The Sweet Compression, Petefest)
- Restless Leg String Band working hard to have a good time on new album
- Wick’s Picks: Ep. 13 – 3/28/18 (w/ Jeremy Short)