By Matt Wickstrom
FLOYD, Va. — FloydFest will feel like “New Kentucky” for it’s 2019 gathering from July 24-28 with the recent additions of Dark Moon Hollow (Lexington), Driftwood Gypsy (Lexington) and If Birds Could Fly (Appalachia, Va.) to the festival’s On the Rise fan vote band competition.
The latest Kentucky artist additions join the previously announced Tyler Childers, The Wooks and 2018 On the Rise competition winner Magnolia Boulevard.
The nine other artists joining Dark Moon Hollow, Driftwood Gypsy and If Birds Could Fly in the On the Rise competition include Acid Cats, Arkansauce, Downtown Abby & The Echoes, Marvelous Funkshun, Mason Via & Hot Trail Mix, The Northerners, The Volts, Tuatha Dea and Vintage Pistol.
The newly minted FloydFest artists join The String Cheese Incident, Phil Lesh & The Terrapin Family Band, Margo Price, Lukas Nelson & Promise of the Real, Hot Tuna (electric and acoustic), Keller Williams’ Grateful Grass featuring Love Canon, Karl Denson’s Tiny Universe, The Motet, Jade Bird, The War and Treaty, Kyle Hollingsworth Band, American Aquarium, DJ Williams’ Shots Fired, New Orleans’ Suspects, Acoustic Syndicate, Songs from the Road Band, The Saturators, Lillie Mae, Kaletta & Super Yamba Band, Becca Mancari, Trout Steak Revival, Jon Stickley Trio, Mountain Heart, Yarn, Front Country, Pert Near Sandstone, Old Salt Union, The Yawpers, Bella’s Bartok, Circus No. 9, Honeysuckle, The Broadcast, Erin & The Wildfire, Sean McConnell, L.A. Edwards and 2018 On the Rise runners up Travers’ Brothership.
In addition, the festival unveiled it’s preliminary schedules by day, which you can view below.
More artists will be announced for FloydFest 19 ~ Voyage Home in the coming weeks. For more information visit FloydFest.com.
- The Wooks is losing its banjo player. But the band is celebrating him, and its music.
- FloydFest reveals Buffalo Mountain Jam lineup led by Keller Williams and Leftover Salmon
- This Lexington blues troupe is getting national attention in a really good way
- Which local bands should you be looking for – and listening to – in 2019?
- Wick’s Picks: Ep. 38 – 10/1/18 (w/ Brett Horton and Donnie Bowling)
- Wick’s Picks: Ep. 27 – 7/2/18 (w/ Nicholas Jamerson, Grayson Jenkins, Dark Moon Hollow)