By Matt Wickstrom
LEXINGTON, Ky. — Singer-songwriter Jory Bowling and guest host Alexis Faye joined Matt Wickstrom on Jan. 28 for episode 53 of Wick’s Picks on Lexington Community Radio.
For the first hour of the program Wickstrom and Faye spun a collection of new music from Kentucky artists as well as bands playing in the area this week including “On My Throne” by Wayne Graham, “Sister” by Magnolia Boulevard, “Sugar Holler” by Chelsea Nolan” and “I’m Gonna Love You” by Sean Whiting.
Later in the program Bowling jumped in the studio to discuss his musical upbringing, work with the Blind Corn Liquor Pickers and his solo project; fatherhood, upcoming shows and more. Bowling also performed two songs live in the studio along with us listening to “Running Corn” and “Whichever Way the Wind Blows” off the 2018 Blind Corn Liquor Picker album “The Sentence.”
Listen to an archive of the show below.
Tune in next Monday, Feb. 4 from 9-11 a.m. to hear from Nicholas Jamerson, NP Presley & The Ghost of Jesse Garon and The Native Howl on Wick’s Picks on Lexington Community Radio. Listen in on the dial at 93.9 FM-WLXU or stream online at lexingtoncommunityradio.org.
- LIVE MENU: Jan. 27 to Feb. 2 (The King comes to town edition)
- LISTEN: Bendigo Fletcher gets an assist from Rayland Baxter on “No Smoke”
- LISTEN: Wicked Peace go retro on happy-go-lucky “The Evening”
- This Lexington blues troupe is getting national attention in a really good way
- WICK’S PICKS: Ep. 52 – 1/24/19 (w/ Andrew Scotchie & The River Rats)