By Matt Wickstrom
MANCHESTER, Tn. (March 15, 2018) – A distinctly Kentucky flavor will be present at Bonnaroo in 2018, as the festival has unveiled the lineup for its Fan SuperJam Camp with Tyler Childers. Joining Childers will be familiar acts The Wooks, William Matheny, Laid Back Country Picker, and Short & Company. Also joining the jam are Blank Range and Rozwell Kid.
Along with intimate performances, the camp will also feature workshops, meet-and-greets and more. Workshops in the camp are:
- 3 to 7 Chords and the Truth, a songwriting panel discussion about different methods and approaches to writing led by William Matheny and featuring Jordan Hudkins of Rozwell Kid, Jonathon Childers of Blank Range and more to be announced.
- Old-Time Music and Dancing: An Appalachian Tradition, an interactive workshop led by The Wooks teaching the fundamentals and techniques of old-time and bluegrass music.
- The Art of the Guitar Solo, a look at the guitar break led by Laid Back Country Picker and featuring Grant Gustafson of Blank Range, Jeremy Short of Short & Company and more to come. Campers will learn the appropriate length, note selection and formula for crafting a badass guitar solo with a jam session to follow.
- Meet the Bonnaroo booking team, chat with some of the folks who book the Bonnaroo lineup.
Of the bands joining Tyler Childers at his Bonnaroo camp, Central Kentucky fans can catch William Matheny on March 19 in Louisville at the Tim Faulkner Gallery and March 29-30 at The Green Lantern in Lexington; Jeremy Short of Short & Company on March 28 on Wick’s Picks on Lexington Community Radio and March 29 at The Burl (with Laid Back Country Picker); Blank Range on March 30 at The Burl, Laid Back Country Picker on April 27 at Bluegrass Regional Marketplace, and The Wooks from May 3-5 at The Burl (specific show date to be announced).
Bonnaroo Music & Arts Festival will be held from June 7-10 in Manchester, Tn. For more information on the festival and SuperJam Camp, visit bonnaroo.com.
Previous Bonnaroo/artist coverage
- Tyler Childers confirms additional headlining tour dates
- Short & Company to release debut album “Lost in a Spin” March 29
- Listen to The Wooks new cut “Me and the Stars” feat. Michael Cleveland
- Tyler Childers, Gov’t Mule, Mother Hips join FloydFest 18~Wild lineup
- Tyler Childers confirmed for “Stagecoach Spotlight Tour”
- Horseshoes & Hand Grenades, The Wooks and more added to the John Hartford Memorial Festival
- The Wooks to celebrate New Year’s Eve at home, welcome new band member
- Tyler Childers confirms 2018 tour dates
- Wookin’ Ahead
- Creative Types: Tyler Childers
- Estill County’s Tyler Childers gets Sturgill Simpson’s help on new album
- Listen: The Wooks “Little Circles”